Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Shakespearean Sonnet to Facebook

Farewell my dearest friend and crutch Facebook,
I spent too much time browsing your web page.
No longer at your news feeds will I look.
So long tags of me not acting my age.

The way I stalked girls I don’t know was sly.
Every tagged photo album I would scan,
I come across her picture with some guy,
How could she betray me with that lame man?

We had some good times and some bad times too.
From the beginning a long way you came
but with updates apart we simply grew,
we’re at a crossroads and we’re not the same

On your news feed you may post this my friend,
that our relationship is at an end.



So I'm no longer on Facebook. The initial idea was to stop wasting time stalking and start being more productive, but it turns out now I have much more time to write sonnets and to follow Twitter.
http://twitter.com/kevinsroberts

THANKS

No comments: