Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A List of Bests

The Best Show on WFMU:
http://www.friendsoftom.com/
You can download the podcasts on Thursdays on iTunes or listen to live streaming audio on Tuesdays from 7-10 at http://wfmu.org/. It really is a great radio show but I know what you're thinking, "I don't have 3 hours to spend listening to the radio!" Come here, listen to me, once you start you will not want to stop. It takes a while to get into it and to catch on to the inside jokes and recurring guests but once you do it will knock your socks off. You will start to make time to listen to the show and when it's done you'll want more. Personally, I download the podcasts to my iPod and go on bike rides just so I can listen and when I get home I have to plug it in to my stereo and finish. Check it out.
If you want a shortened version you can download the Best Show Gems Podcast. It's a 10 minute recap of the show and might give you a taste of what it's like.

Best Accidental Quote of the Day:
"JAG Off...icers were involved... JAG of...ten get a bad rap..."
- Prof. Schantz
When discussing Judge Advocate Generals, Professor Shantz's may not have put that dramatic of a pause between the "off's" and the rest of the word but to me it seemed like an eternity. This Beavis and Butthead clip helps shed some light on the situation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtIT0DwIIHs

Best Week of the Semester:
Towards the end of February I became horribly ill. I went to bed each night at 7 p.m. and got more than 12 hours of sleep a night. That was my best week this semester.

Best Movie Clip that I have not Seen:
Apparently there is a scene in John Travolta/Christian Slater movie where Howie Long rips the doors off of a Hummer. He does this, of course, to make the Hummer go faster. I have never seen this clip but I can only imagine how awesome it is. If anyone can find a link to that specific clip be kind and share.



Best Album I have not Fully Listened to:
"Ram" by Sir Paul McCartney. So far I've only listened to a couple tracks but I am ready to crown this a great album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlpREBxy1s4&feature=PlayList&p=0BC99BBDBFDEB8FE&index=1

Best Opening Credits Scene:
"The Graduate." Simon and Garfunkel bring it home.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxWkCHt8owc

Best Flavor:
The white shark from the "Shark Bites" fruit snacks. I don't know what it is supposed to be, but I would be completely satisfied if that were the only flavor I could experience for the rest of my life.

Best Profession:
Artsy Photographer. I have a confession to make. I'm jealous of anyone who can call themselves a photographer and make money from it. The other day I was listening to guest lecturer on campus. There were a lot of people taking pictures of the speaker but I noticed one guy pointing his camera at the ceiling. I'm not exactly sure, but it looked as if he was aiming his lens at a heating duct. I can guarantee this picture was cool. How do they do it? How do they take pictures of absolutely normal things and make them look so awesome?


Black and white photos.
Twenty-two college credits,
You are an artist.

That's a Haiku.

Best Form of Communication:
Haiku.

THANKS

UPDATE!

Best Album Cover:
So sick... So much hair... Kris Kristofferson Barbra Streisand, "A Star is Born". When I meet that special someone we will remake this photo for our wedding announcement. Any takers?


No comments: